Set out below are just a few examples of the results achieved by Mr. Pitcaithley and his associates in automobile collision and premises liability cases. Each verdict or settlement obtained was a result of the specific facts in each case:
MOTOR VEHICLE COLLISIONS - WRONGFUL DEATH - AUTO VS. MOTORCYCLE -
AUTO VS. BIKE RIDER - AUTO VS. PEDESTRIAN
- Retired 65 year old male involved in low speed head-on collision resulting in cervical spine disc/vertebral segment injury requiring fusion. Result: $850,000.00 recovery.
- Retired Male, age 64, suffered whiplash injury resulting in severe neck and low back injury with resulting lumbar fusion. Result: $245,000.00 recovery.
- Female, age 61, involved in broadside auto collision in intersection in El Cajon suffers herniated cervical disc required surgical fusion. Result: $230,000.00 recovery
- Male, age 65, with pre-existing lumbar fusions involved in low speed T-bone collision resulting in neck, mid and low back whiplash injuries. Result: $186,000.00
- Young married couple involved in highway head-on collision suffer mild neck and back whiplash injury, and severe emotional distress. Result: $135,300.00 combined recovery.
- Female, age 28, suffers right wrist fracture requiring surgery as a result of side impact collision with negligent driver. Result: $115,000.00 recovery.
- Male, age 62, hit on motorcycle by vehicle in El Cajon intersection suffering sever injury to lower legs. Result: Policy limits recovery of $100,000.00.
- Two vehicle freeway exit ramp collision resulting in death of 21 year old female. Result: $100,000.00 recovery (policy limits)
- Retired Male, age 62, suffered whiplash injury to neck and low back in illegal -U- turn T-bone collision. Result: $100,000.00 recovery (policy limits)
- Retired Male, age 64, hit broadside by garbage truck in intersection resulting in death. Result: $150,000.00 (policy limits)
- Male, age 50, involved in rear-end auto collision in San Diego with resulting cervical hernia disc treated without surgery. Result: $85,000.00
- Male, age 48, carpenter involved in three vehicle rear end auto collision resulting in whiplash injury to low back with resulting wage loss. Result: $85,000.00 recovery
- Female, age 55, involved in rear end freeway collision with uninsured driver suffers whiplash injury to cervical spine. Result: $85,000.00 recovery on Uninsured Motorist Policy
- Male, age 48, involved in T-bone collision suffered whiplash neck injury and tinnitus (ringing in the ears). Result: $60,000.00 recovery
- Male, age 22, back seat passenger, not wearing seat belt, involved in head-on collision suffered whiplash neck injury and concussion: Result: $62,500.00 recovery.
- Male, age 45, suffers neck, back, shoulder, and facial soft tissue injuries when he is struck on his bicycle by a negligent driver. Result: $50,000.00 recovery.
- Female, age 60, involved in low speed head-on collision sustained whiplash injury to neck and low back. Result: $50,000.00 recovery.
- Female, age 66, suffers blunt force trauma from safety belt as passenger in broadside collision in Lakeside, suffers ruptured spleen. Result: $65,000.00 policy limits including Underinsured Motorist coverage.
- Female, age 28, suffers whiplash injuries to neck and back in rear-end auto collision in Mission Valley. Result: $54,300.00
- Female sisters, ages 18 and 21, sustain mild whiplash injuries when rear-ended by drunk driver on freeway in Los Angeles. Result: $51,000.00 combined recovery.
- Male, age 21, suffers closed head injury (concussion) and whiplash injury to neck in T-bone collision at intersection. Result: $48,500.00
- Male, age 43, suffers whiplash injuries to neck and back in rear-end auto collision. Result: $52,000.00 recovery.
- Female minor, age 15, suffers bruises and contusions, and left ankle non-displaced fracture (casted without surgery) when, while walking near the sidewalk, she is struck by a slow moving vehicle. Result: $35,590.00
- Multiple other whiplash neck and low back injury automobile collisions resulting in recoveries ranging from $10,000.00 to $40,000.00.
PREMISES LIABILITY ACTIONS - SLIP / FALL / DOG BITE / BOATING INJURIES
- Female, age 30, fell from unprotected stage during a job fair and sustained fractured ankle with resulting chronic pain (RSD): Recovery: $1,100,000.00 structured settlement.
- 38 Buyers of homes in new housing development sue for construction defects, water intrusion and mold damage. Result: $2,750,000.00 recovery.
- Male, age 38, suffers burn injury to left lower leg in boiler room. Result: $400,000.00 recovery.
- Elder female, age 75, trips/falls over carton in supermarket aisle, sustaining neck injury. Result: $210,000.00 recovery.
- Elder female, age 70, living in senior housing apartment complex falls over carpet during flooring repair injuring hip / knee. Recovery: $50,000.00 (Policy Limits).
- 32 Buyers of homes in new housing development sue for construction defects, water intrusion and mold damage. Result: $1,200,000.00 recovery.
- Female, age 29, falls on stairway with no handrail in San Francisco apartment and suffers herniated disc requiring surgery (property owner uninsured): Result: $80,000.00 recovery from property owner (Chinese Nationals)
- Male, age 48, carpenter injured by falling railing on charter fishing boat suffers aggravation of pre-existing neck fusion. Result: $55,000.00 recovery
- Shop keeper sustains property damage fire loss due to electrical short in out of code electrical box. Result: $60,000.00 recovery
- Condominium owner suffers water intrusion due to failure of HOA to make repairs. Result: $ 110,000.00 recovery.
- Female, age 50, attacked and bitten by dog while hiking in Alpine suffering neck and back injuries and minor bite wound to right leg. Result: $40,000.00
- Multiple dog and animal attack cases with recoveries ranging between $17,000.00 and $135,000.00.
- Female, age 40, suffers bacterial infection resulting from cat bite wound. Result: $33,500.00.
If you are looking for an experienced attorney who will give personal attention to the circumstances of your injury and who will understand how your injury has adversely impacted your life, contact Alan L. Pitcaithley. Our offices are open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Attorney Pitcaithley will be there for you anytime, weekends included.